Friday, August 29, 2008

We recieved 5 stars again!

I thought I would post some pictures showing pieces of why we are a 5 star center...

Really great fun!!! This picture was taken while the kids take turns in the middle as we sing ring around the rosey. After this we played a game called "Tootsie Roll". For this game each child gets to roll around on top of the parachute as we sing, clap, and tickle if they roll close enough to us on the outside of the parachute.

Even through all the playing, fun, and games we still find time to teach academic skills needed for kindergarten!

More evidence of math skills through play.


We allow each child to express themselves individually and creatively. By the way this was done by a 2 year old! Wow!

Bringing nature into the classroom. Last year my dog found a box turtle in August, this year she found a box turtle in the same area! I think it's the same one! I put him back tonight even though I would love to keep him as a pet. State regulations won't allow it!

Well, a child actually didn't do this. This is a picture of what teachers do during the day other than give hugs, give children the right words to use, teach social graces, clean up, write notes, lesson plans, etc... We can play too, right? By the way, it's a penguin holding a ball in case you can't tell.



There are of course many more reasons, but I think the most important reason is how much the teachers really and truly love each one of the children.

No comments: