Saturday, August 2, 2008

Nature

Our first tomato is turning orange! I wonder if any of the kids will be willing to eat it when it's ready?




One of the kids found a baby praying mantis on the playground yesterday. I can't believe he saw it, he must have really sharp eyes! Unfortunately we didn't get the poor thing back to his home before a traumatic ending. He started to crawl up one of the childrens arms, scaring the child enough to swat it to the ground, and accidentally stepped on it. The child was very upset and felt very guilty, but became very happy when he realized it was still alive. I didn't have the heart to tell him it probably wouldn't make it anyway, so I suggested we put it on a bush to rest.


On Friday the kids began finding dinosaur and Bigfoot footprints! One of the kids started the hunt a lot of them totally got into it! So cute! One of older kids took me to the side, and very seriously asked, "They're just pretending right?"

No comments: