Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Blog ideas

I'm struggling to come up with ideas to write about. The problem is I rarely take pictures without kids in it. I have only heard from two parents allowing me to post their picture on the blog. If you don't mind pictures of your child on the blog, let me know.

As for now, this is the only picture I took today without kids, the kids who built it were so proud!



Do you know what your child can learn just by playing with blocks? These are just a few I have chosen. The complete list is on the wall next to the block center. All of our centers have a list like this explaining what your child is learning during play.

use oral language
match objects in a one-to-one correspondence
learn social skills appropriate to group behavior
use vocabulary to designate quantities
compare objects
create, repeat, and extend patterns
learn mapping skills
observe and follow safety rules
make choices and decisions
think, create, and implement plans
learn size, shape differentiation, relations and recognition
understand gravity, stability, weight, and balance
develop respect for the work of others

This list goes on and on! Take a few minutes one day to check out some centers and what your child learns while playing.

No comments: