Snuggle Time! I'm trying to get the children used to being close to each other, because just like siblings, they love to complain about who touched who, or who is sitting too close to who. So this day I added two mattresses to the cozy area to encourage snuggling. They did a great job for at least 15 minutes!
The same mattresses made a nice cozy spot under the window. These children are enjoying the insect cards I bought for one dollar at Target. I love their dollar section!
Child directed play is how children learn. We make sure to provide the materials, and guide their interactions and play. This is what being a kid is really all about!
Planning fun, hands-on activities, is also important. These children are playing with dried, split peas as Aphids, the pom poms are Ladybugs (which eat the Aphids), and the clothes pins are Birds (which eat the ladybugs). These past few weeks we have been learning a lot about insects, and how they are helpful or hurtful.
Priceless moment caught on the playground. A four year old, three year old, and two year old. Gotta love multi-age interactions!
No comments:
Post a Comment